As the end of the year comes closer, we are now (very sadly) at our last Tip of the Week! We hope we have provided you with some interesting and cool tricks along the way, and get you prepared to whatever may happen in all of your adventures.
Today we have put together some tips you really can spend anytime, in whatever part of the world you are travelling to or from. We wish you a Merry Christmas, and an amazing year full of travels and awesome experiences around the world!
DID YOU KNOW?
When you travel – especially alone – you must be very careful cause getting caught in a bad or unsecure situation is just so easy. To avoid that, here you go our very selected tips for your next year travels!
- Do your research: check out government websites and, say, Google Alert before leaving. You do not want to be unprepared once you are out and about.
- Keep your passport on you – literally ON you. Do not bring all your valuables in the same place: your purse is too easily snatched, so wear a pouch that can be concealed under your clothing
- Keep yourself safe, as much as possible. You might have to pay a bribe – in most countries it is considered just normal, it is not your time to make a stand against the country rules. Also, a very small sum is not worth the risk.
- Always assess risks: if you are offered food, for instance, it could be very impolite to refuse. However, think through and consider what you are about to do, if you don’t know how the food is made, you might get sick. Again, it is not worth it.
- Learn to communicate: some words are always easy to keep in mind and could really be vital in some situations. “Please”, “Can you help me?” “Thank you” are just a few words you should learn. Plus, being open encourages people having a good attitude towards you, making them willing to help you.
These are just a few suggestions, but remember, when travelling you should always be prepared!Last modified: 17/12/2013