News, Philippines, Uncategorized

The Taal Volcano awakens: what is going on

Taal Volcano is located on the island of Luzon, about 100 km south of Manila, the capital of the Philippines, and is the second most active volcano in the country. After months of seismic inactivity, since last Sunday it has been erupting, emitting not only smoke and ashes but also lava flows. This led the …

Read More →

News

WE: people and places of Padua 2020

Last Saturday, the meeting “WE: PEOPLE, PLACES AND AGENDA OF PADUA EUROPEAN VOLUNTEERING CAPITAL 2020” was held, organized to celebrate the handover of European capitals on December 9th. Throughout the morning, various actors, engaged both in the preparatory work and in the implementation of the activities planned for the coming year, intervened in the discussion. …

Read More →

Generatività

Social Generativity

Definition When we talk about “Social Generativity” we refer to a new, recently emerged social concept, that is becoming increasingly popular within our society. But what is this about, exactly? “Social Generativity represents a new way to think and act both as an individual and as a community. It shows the possibility of taking actions …

Read More →

News

Padova – European Volunteering Capital 2020

Today Padova will officially be honoured with the title of European Volunteering Capital 2020 during the closing ceremony of the year of Kosice, European volunteering capital during 2019. Our city received this award one year ago, being the first Italian city to get such an important recognition. Amongst the reasons for this choice, it is …

Read More →

Children, Hygiene, Philippines, Projects

19th of November: World Toilet Day 2019, Leaving no one behind

“A Toilet is not just a Toilet. It’s a life-saver, dignity-protector and opportunity-maker.” This day reminds us of the importance of achieving SDG 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all by 2030. A toilet ensures sanitation and sanitation is a human right. Still, 4.2 billion people in the world live …

Read More →

News, Philippines

Kito Onlus for indigenous people in Mindoro

60% of Mindoro Island is inhabited by indigenous people. Mangyan is the general term to refer to the eight indigenous tribes present on the island: the Mangyan population in the Philippines is over 100.000. People of these indigenous tribes are extremely impoverished and live in condition of strong social marginalization, further aggravated after they have …

Read More →

News, Uncategorized

Finally Caldarola’s dream is coming true!

Much of Kito Onlus’ committement this year is to the project in Caldarola, an earthquake zone in the Marche region. The project provides for the construction of a multifunctional centre, which will be allocated to laboratories and activities for the entire community and in particular for children. After last March meeting between Kito Onlus’ president, …

Read More →

International Womens Day, News

International Women’s Day 2019!

As every year on the 8th of March, on the International Women’s Day, Kito Onlus turns the thought to all the women around the world and in paricular to the ones in situations of vulnerability. Today must be an opportunity to reflect on what has been achieved and what must be done to ensure respect, …

Read More →

Hygiene, News, Philippines

A new project to guarantee the basic hygiene to Filipino children!

62.5% of people around the world don’t have access to safe sanitation and according to Save the Children 4.5 billion people live without a safe toilet. In the view of these, among the sustainable development’s goals it was included ensuring availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all. Kito Onlus is trying to …

Read More →

Financial analysis, News, Philippines

Funds raised and budget allocation in 2018

This year too Kito Onlus wants to share with its supporters and donors the 2018 financial analysis to clearly evaluate our work, showing how funds were raised and how the budget was allocated. 28,097 € were raised in 2018, of which the 75% was the OPM-Valdese Church’s contribution, while the remaining 25% was raised from …

Read More →